Recipe of the month: California
- 1 12-ounce can chunk breast of chicken (2 cups), drained
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 3/4 cup red seedless grape seedless halved, or pineapple tidbits,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk salad dressing purchased
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted slivered
- lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato cut in wedges, or additional fruit such as kiwifruit slices,
avocado wedges or cantaloupe spears
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes or pineapple, lemon
juice, salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or no longer
than 8 hours. To serve, stir dressing and almonds into chicken mixture. Serve on a bed
of lettuce. Garnish with tomato or additional fruit.
Be sure to check back for more featured recipes and catch the latest
cooking news on the right every day.
Featured Food Tip:
Donīt let bread go to waste. Bread will keep up to 3 weeks in the
refrigerator if you wrap it in foil and store it on a low shelf.
you're a coupon shopper,
here is a link to tons of free coupons on